The Family Medicine Program at UTMB Health is accredited by the Review Committee of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Service (NRMP) program and all applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
All applicants are encouraged to review our eligibility criteria prior to submitting an application.
Please be advised that our program will fill 10 PGY 1 position. We are not offering PGY 2 or 3 positions at this time.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must meet the following criteria
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Passing score on the USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS or COMLEX-USA Level 1, COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE, and COMLEX-USA Level 2-PE)
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- ERAS application (No in-person/faxed/emailed/mailed documentation will be accepted)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least one from a family physician)
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school performance evaluation (Dean's letter)
- USMLE or COMPLEX transcript
- Profile photo
- ECFMG Status Report (for international medical graduates)
The interview season begins in late September and will continue through mid-January. Applicants selected to interview will receive an invitation through ERAS.
Externships and Observerships
We do not offer any externships or observerships at this time.